HiFi Shield for C2 / C1+
Works with the ODROID-C2 / C1+. This is not compatible with the original ODROID-C1.
The HiFi Shield provides both stereo RCA connectors and a 3.5mm stereo jack (all gold-plated) to connect to external amplifiers and other audio equipment. Via TI’s high-end PCM5102 DAC chip, it supports 16, 24, 32 bit audio formats with minimal distortion (-93dB) and ideal dynamics (110dB+), plus amazing sampling rates of 384kHz.
Using the new I2S expansion on the C2 / C1+, we save a USB port and allow the user to select their audio playback system of choice, such as Volumio, RuneAudio or XBMC/Kodi for HiFi audio playback.
4. The I2S interface allows for direct decoding of the digital input to analog output using master clock synchronization.
5. The PCB surface is comprised of gold-plating on top of 2 oz. of copper, ensuring signal continuity and reducing signal reflection and refraction.
– Schematics : Download HERE
* ODROID-C1+ supports up to 384Khz while the ODROID-C2 supports up to 192Khz.
* This HiFi shield is not functional with Android. We have no plan to support the Android OS to enable the I2S driver for Android Kernel and HAL.
– C2/C1+ HiFi Shield Board
– 4 x 11mm PCB spacer (Metal)
– 8 x 10mm PCB spacer (Plastic)
1. The 7 pin map on C1+ board is reversed.
2. Pin 3 is 5V power. The print on the PCB is 3V3 which is incorrect.
The C2/C1+ HiFi Shield is a high-resolution Digital to Analog Converter(DAC) for the ODROID-C1+. This is a special sound card for the C1+, that is optimized for the best fidelity audio playback quality. It delivers a nicely balanced sound, solid, deep, wide and nicely layered.
We’ve analysed the the audio quality of the HiFi Shield DAC output with the famous industry standard equipment, Audio Precision. The Audio Precision is a high performance audio analyser optimized for the digital audio product.
The analog output of the HiFi Shield is connected to the equipment and measurement data shows on the host PC.
This picture shows a basic configuration of the set-up. Note that I disconnected the external amplifier when we measured the line-out audio quality.