ODROID-VU5 : 5inch 800×480 HDMI display with Multi-touch
5-inch multi-touch screen for ODROIDs gives users the ability to create all-in-one, integrated projects such as tablets, game consoles, infotainment systems and embedded systems. The 800×480 display connects to ODROID-C2 / C1+ via an HDMI link board and a micro-USB link board which handles power and signal. Just connect a DC plug in to the DC-jack on C2 / C1+, and you are ready to play, once you install the latest OS up- date. This high-quality touchscreen is specifically designed to work with both Android and Linux on the ODROID-C1+, ODROID-C2 and ODROID-XU4.
– 5-inch TFT-LCD
– Screen Resolution: 800×480 pixels
– 5 finger capacitive touch input (USB ID 16B4:0704)
– Power consumption : 500mA/5Volt
– Backlight on/off slide switch
– Viewing angle (in degree) : Left 70, Right 70, Up 70, Down 50
– Screen Dimensions : 121 x 93.31 x 15 mm Including switch and connectors)
– Viewable screen size : 108 x 64 mm (active area)
A. Fully assembled 5inch TFT LCD + 5 point multi touch screen
B. 6 x 3.5mm screws
C. 3 x Hex nuts
D. Micro USB link board
E. HDMI link board
F. Micro-to-TypeA USB Cable (approx. 35cm)
G. Micro-to-Micro USB Cable (approx. 35cm)
H. TypeA-to-TypeA HDMI cable (approx. 35cm)
You can easily attach the C2 / C1+ board onto the backside of the LCD screen in order to create a fully integrated system. It also works with the original C1 board if you use a micro-HDMI cable and a micro-USB cable.
Option 1 : Mount the C1+ board on the LCD unit with 3pcs of 8mm PCB supporters. The HDMI link board and micro-USB link board are used for interface and power supply.
Option 2 : A Micro-to-micro USB cable and flexible flat HDMI cable can be used as well. The 35cm cable kit is included.
Block Diagram Physical Dimensions
Make a standalone multimedia system
1. The display shows noise on the screen in the boot process and power-down process because there is no off-sync filter circuit.
2. On the C1+, there will be after-image or noise when the system turns off if you use the OTG port.
To fix this issue, you must remove(de-solder) the R94 from the C1+ PCB.
If you have the C1+ PCB Rev 0.4 2015/09/30, just remove a JUMPER on J8.
3. There is no backlight control except for the slide switch. So software can’t adjust the brightness neither turn on-off the backlight.