We released Android Beta 1.6 (Jelly Bean) for ODROID-X/X2/U/Q/Q2 24-April-2013.
This version includes the UPDATER feature which support the OTA like system software installaion/upgrade.
It will reduce the pain of flashing or anoying ADB method.
Here is a brief instruction to install the GMS(Google Play, Gmail and other Google Mobile Service applications).
Click the image to enlarge it.
1. Check your OS version is higher than Beta 1.6
Settings --> System --> About Tablet
The Build Number has a date code. It must be something of April-2013. This ODROID-X2 image is 24-April-2013.
2. Run Web browser in ODROID and visit “http://goo.im/gapps/” home page.
Click “gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip” to download it.
3. Download a file manager from this link and install it.
4. Creat “updater” directory in sdcard and copy the “gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip” from “Download” directory to “updater” directory.
5. Select Settings -> About tablet -> ODROID Update. Choose the “gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip”
And it will reboot and start installation of GMS apps.
6. If you select “Update”, it starts the GMS installation.
7. Run Play Store and Sign in Google Account. That’s it. Time to enjoy~