Compatible with ODROID-U3
ODROID-UPS is a board of UPS(Uninterruptible Power Supply) that can be plugged on the neat of ODROID-U3 via tiny 8 pin IO connector. The UPS kit contains the charger circuit, batteries, 5Volt output DCDC converter circuit and 5V/2A power adapter.
With the 3,000mAh battery capacity, ODROID-U3 can run about 1~2 hours of heavy computing without AC power.
If you don’t need to AC_OK signal, the UPS can works with X/X2/U2.
You can NOT use this UPS with the ODROID-XU series because of limited output current.
– ODROID-UPS board with 1500mh * 2 battery pack
– 4 x 20mm PCB spacers (Plastic)
– 4 x 11mm PCB spacers (Metal)
– 4 x 10mm PCB spacers (Plastic)
– 5V/2A Power Supply
How to connect the DC Plug cable for ODROID-U2 or X2/X.
Solder it as per the picture.
Red line is +(positive) and Black line is -(negative)
SCHEMATICS : http://dn.odroid.com/UPS/UPS_U3_Schematics.pdf
|Battery Capacity||2 x 1500mAh||Lithium Ion Polymer battery|
|Charging Time||1hr 30min ~ 2 hrs|
|Charging Current||2 x 1000mA||1,000mA / battery|
|Input Power||2000mA @ DC 5V||Use the bundled Power supply|
|Maximum Output Power||2000mA @ DC 5V|
|Battery Life||4 hrs approx.||See the below test condition|
* Test condition for the battery Life
Ubuntu 13.10 with Chromium browser running
WIFI Module 3
Idle current : 250 ~ 300mA @5V
Example of automatic shutdown
The AC_OK signals are connected to GPIO199/GPIO200 in the 8-pin header socket of ODROID-U3.
When the blackout or sudden disconnection of AC outlet happens, the system will shut down automatically after 1 minute by this script.
This bash script is continuously checking the status of AC status.
echo 199 > /sys/class/gpio/export
if [ “0$ac1” -eq 1 -o “0$ac2” -eq “1” ]; then
if [ “$ACJACK” == “off” ]; then
How to assemble with ODROID-U3
1. Unplug the 2 battery connector cables.
2. Assemble the PCB spacers. The metal spacers must be placed between ODROID-U3 and UPS PCB.
3. Align 8 pin header and plug it to the 8 pin socket of ODROID-U3.
4. Plug the 2 battery connector cables. U3 will turn on.
5. Connect DC-Plug of PSU into the DC-Jack on the ODROID-UPS board.
The DCDC converters have an automatic shutdown/trip function which is activated when the load is very high even very short period.
The battery pack also has very sensitive protection circuit.
So the in-rush current can disconnect all the electrical path.
In this case, you must unplug the battery connectors and DC-plug to reset the protection circuit.