The ODROID-N2L is the low-cost variant of our most popular and powerful ARM SBC ODROID-N2+.
This project was actually initiated at the request of several B2B customers. They were satisfied with the performance and convenience of the highly versatile N2+. However, they wanted to embed a relatively compact, cost-effective, simple, and still high-performance SBC into their system.
Therefore, we made it!
- Smaller and neater form factor: 69 x 56mm
- Small size allows for mounting inside a variety of small devices
- Suitable for various standalone embedded system which don’t require Ethernet connectivity
- Suitable for building robots, drones, arcade consoles, human-machine-interface devices, and many other applications
- Faster and lower power consumption LPDDR4 RAM
- Low cost
We replaced the DDR4 RAM chips with a single LPDDR4 chip to minimize the PCB form factor and reduce power consumption. As a bonus, around 20% higher DRAM interface clock frequency is an obvious and important improvement. We could find 10% to 20% of increased system performance compared to the original N2+ in various benchmark test results. The GPU benchmark glmark2-es2 also showed about 10% of increased performance which is very similar to the improvement of the memory bandwidth (MBW) test.
ODROID-N2L with 4GByte RAM : https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-n2l-with-4gbyte-ram ODROID-N2L with 2GByte RAM : https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-n2l-with-2gbyte-ram