Tested with the latest Android and Ubuntu OS for C4, XU4, C2 and C1+. You don’t need any soldering. It is ready to go.
If you have old version of OS, update it to the latest version first.
This uses I2S as digital sound standard for audio output.
It is super easy. You’ll be rockin’ out in 15 minutes.
step1. Plug 2 x 2 Watt 4 ohm stereo speakers to the connector on the Boom Bonnet board and attach them with sticky glue.
step2. Connect the GPIO ribbon cable one side to the boom bonnet board and the other side to ODROID board.
step3. Update the OS to the latest version.
You can easily adjust the audio output level with a potentiometer on the board.
Enjoy the stereo BOOM sound!
– Stereo Boom Bonnet board
– 2 x 2Watt / 4 ohm mini speakers (28mm diameter, 11.5mm thickness)
– 3 x 5mm PCB spacers
– 3 x 5mm screws
and select one GPIO cable for your ODROID
– 7 pin GPIO ribbon cable(200mm) for C1+ / C2 / C4 or
– 12 pin GPIO ribbon cable(200mm) for XU4
– Download DXF Drawing File HiFi_Sheild3_REV0.1.DXF
Connect the I2S 7pin cable
Make a game station turbo system with ODROID-VU7
– I2S 2Watt Stereo Boom Bonnet Kit
– 12 pin GPIO ribbon cable
– 8GB MicroSD Card installed Game Station Turbo
– 5V/4A PSU
System noise can be heard from the speakers and the earphone jack.
Don’t expect HiFi-grade clear sound.
Power consumption : 500mA/5V