ODROID-VU7 Plus: 7inch 1024 x 600 HDMI display with Multi-touch
7-inch multi-touch screen for ODROIDs gives users the ability to create all-in-one, integrated projects such as tablets, game consoles, infotainment systems and embedded systems. The 1024 x 600 display connects to ODROID-C2 / C1+ via an HDMI link board and a micro-USB link board which handles power and signal. Just connect a DC plug in to the DC-jack on C2 / C1+, and you are ready to play, once you install the latest OS up- date. This high-quality touchscreen is specifically designed to work with both Android and Linux on the ODROID-C1+, ODROID-C2 and ODROID-XU4.
– 7-inch TFT-LCD
– Screen Resolution: 1024 x 600 pixels
– 5 finger capacitive touch input (USB ID 16B4:0705)
– Power consumption : 700mA/5Volt
– Backlight on/off slide switch
– Wide Viewing angle (in degree) : Left 75, Right 75, Up 75, Down 75
– Screen Dimensions : 172.9 x 124.3 x 15 mm Including switch and connectors)
– Viewable screen size : 153.6 x 86.64 mm (active area)
– ODROID-XU4 users : Micro USB-DC Power Bridge Board is highly recommended.
– WiKi : https://wiki.odroid.com/accessory/display/vu_series/vu7_plus/vu7_plus
A. Fully assembled 7inch 1024 x 600 TFT LCD with 5 point multi touch screen
B. 6 x 3.5mm screws
C. 3 x Hex nuts
D. Micro USB link board
E. HDMI link board
F. Micro-to-TypeA USB Cable (approx. 35cm)
G. Micro-to-Micro USB Cable (approx. 35cm)
H. TypeA-to-TypeA HDMI cable (approx. 35cm)
You can easily attach the C2 / C1+ board onto the backside of the LCD screen in order to create a fully integrated system. It also works with the original C1 board if you use a micro-HDMI cable and a micro-USB cable.
Option 1 : Mount the C2/C1+ board on the LCD unit with 3pcs of 8mm PCB supporters. The HDMI link board and micro-USB link board are used for interface and power supply.
Option 2 : A Micro-to-micro USB cable and flexible flat HDMI cable can be used as well. The 35cm cable kit is included.
with ODROID-C1+/C2 with ODROID-C1
Block Diagram Physical Dimensions
The Chromium browser supports the multi-touch pinch- zoom gesture, so you can enjoy the zoom in and out like a smartphone. The touchscreen also works with Android OS for the C1+. However, you need to use release version 2.0 or higher in order to use the touchscreen features.
Touch the sound!!
1. The display shows noise on the screen in the boot process and power-down process because there is no off-sync filter circuit.
2. On the C1+, there will be after-image or noise when the system turns off if you use the OTG port.
To fix this issue, you must remove(de-solder) the R94 from the C1+ PCB.
If you have the C1+ PCB Rev 0.4 2015/09/30, just remove a JUMPER on J8.
3. There is no backlight control except for the slide switch. So software can’t adjust the brightness neither turn on-off the backlight.
For Android users! The latest Android releases support this display and touch screen out of the box.
Check our WiKi pages for the Android releases.
Also don’t forget to change the vout mode to “DVI”. “HDMI” mode make a lot of noise on the screen.
First booting will generate the boot.ini file automatically.
You can edit the boot.ini on your PC if you connect the SD/eMMC card after first booting(self-installation process).